Nanyang Fellows Programme, Nanyang Business School
The Nanyang Fellows Programme was launched in 1998 by Dr Tony Tan. Since then courses are conducted annually with an optimum cohort of around 20-30 students. The small size enhances learning and interaction on a personal level.
In this 12-month full-time programme, the Nanyang Fellow will spend ten and a half months at the Nanyang Business School in Singapore, three weeks at MIT’s Sloan School of Management in Boston and two weeks in Wharton, University of Pennsylvania. The programme also includes a compulsory Business Study Mission (BSM) in a carefully selected country around the world. The programme also includes a Leadership Seminar Series where you will gain privileged insights from the experiences of top business and government leaders through closed-door dialogues.
Why should I pursue this programme?
The Nanyang Fellows Programme is a highly prestigious and first-rate MBA programme. The programme will be suited for you if you have strong talent and leadership potential that makes you stand out in your organization.
The design of this programme is unique and distinctive as follows:
- An elite MBA programme that draws from the 3 top business schools in the world (NBS, MIT Sloan & Wharton)
- Cutting-edged residential programmes: Sustainability in MIT Sloan; Leadership & Finance in Wharton.
- Learn and immerse in the US business environment and culture
- Experience and study the business environment and culture of a 3rd country (BSM)
- Gain privileged insights and wisdom from top Asian and international CEOs and leaders (Leadership Seminar Series)
- Build lasting friendships with other bright and dynamic leaders like yourself, including those from emerging economies
- Unleash and extend your leadership potential
Who should attend?
The Nanyang Fellows Programme is crafted specially for those preparing for the pinnacle of leadership in their organisations.
Here is the typical Nanyang Fellow profile:
- Capable and highly-talented mid-career executive (mostly in their mid-30s or early 40s)
- Has at least 8 years of management or senior professional experience
- Personally endorsed by their CEO (or equivalent)
- Fully or partially sponsored by their organizations
- From ASEAN, Asia or other parts of the world
As Singapore’s elite MBA, the Nanyang Fellows Programme admission requirements are rigorous. You are required to meet all of the following criteria:
- A good bachelor’s degree
- At least 8 years of management or senior professional experience
- Demonstrated fluency in English and a good score in TOEFL or IELTS (for international applicants who’s medium of instruction is not in English at tertiary level)
- Recommendation from your organisation’s CEO or equivalent
We may invite you for an interview, at our discretion, after you have submitted your application. This interview is to help us better appreciate you to ensure that the programme is appropriate for you.
The interview may be conducted over the phone or on campus.
The Nanyang Fellows Programme attracts only the top talent from the East. As such, we are highly selective in handpicking individuals to be part of this programme. While we look for leadership potential, strong academic capability and good personal qualities (ethics, integrity and social responsibility), we also try to ensure a good diversity of backgrounds to add to the richness of this programme.
The Nanyang Fellows Programme is for future leaders, and we want to ensure that all participants have proven leadership potential. We will carefully assess your leadership potential through your application essay, referees’ testimonials and interview outcome.
Strong Academic Capability
We look for candidates who have strong proven academic performance, as the intellectual demands of this programme are rigorous and require excellent analytical abilities and good communication skills. Apart from good academic record, we will also consider your GMAT (if any) and TOEFL scores to evaluate your academic abilities.
Character and Personal Qualities
As a future leader, we expect from you the highest levels of personal integrity and character. As you will be learning and working closely with other Fellows, we expect qualities of mutual respect and civil decorum, and the genuine desire to share and contribute towards community fellowship and cooperation, fostering camaraderie and furthering friendship and goodwill amongst all.
To apply for the Nanyang Fellows Programme, you will need to complete the online application form.
While the full application can be submitted online, supporting documents can be couriered, faxed or mailed.
Please note the following policies as you prepare for your application:
- Your application must be written by you, without assistance from any other person.
- All your submissions must be in English. For non-English documents, an official English translation must be provided at your expense.
- You may submit only one application per academic year.
- Once your application is submitted, additional materials or changes will not be considered.
- All your submissions will be treated in confidence.
- All your submissions become the property of Nanyang Business School, and will not be returned to you.
- You are responsible for ensuring that all the information provided is authentic and accurate.
- You are responsible to ensure your application is complete.
- We may require you to provide additional proof of the information submitted at your own expense. This may include a telephone or face-to-face interview. If you are unable to provide satisfactory proof, we reserve the right to reject your application.
Fill in the Online Application Form.
What to expect
In the online form, you will be asked to provide some information, including:
- Education, academic qualifications and awards
- Employment history, including your professional and managerial experience
- Professional qualifications, memberships and awards
- Details of your international experience
- TOEFL or IELTS score (for international applicants) and GMAT score (if any)
- Contact information of 2 referees
- 4 short essays on your goals, accomplishments, etc.
You will also be asked to submit the following documents by postal mail:
- Degree scroll (and notary translated copy if it is not in English)
- Academic transcripts (and notary translated copy if it is not in English)
- GMAT report (if any)
- TOEFL or IELTS report (for international applicants)
- Company endorsement letter and/or evidence of financial support
- NRIC (Singaporeans) or valid passport (international applicants)
- Passport-size photograph
You may also send us the above documents (and the 2 referee reports) by mail to the following address:
The Nanyang Fellows Programme
Nanyang Business School
Block S3, B2A-39
Nanyang Technological University
After submitting the online form, you will be given an application number when you finish. You may use this number when you contact us regarding your application.
What to expect next
Due to the huge amount of application received, we will contact you within 2 week of your submission if you are short-listed.
Fees & Period of Study
The tuition fee for the programme is S$68,000/- (Sixty-Eight Thousand Singapore Dollars) and covers the academic year from July of the current year to June of the following year(see the academic calendar).
The tuition fee covers the tuition at NBS-NTU, MIT Sloan and Wharton; one Overseas Business Studies Mission (airfare, transportation, accommodation and limited meals), computer fees and examination fees. The fee is payable in one lump sum upon successful registration.
The fee does not include the cost of airfare (country of origin to Singapore; Singapore to homeland; Singapore to USA), transportation and accommodation in Singapore and USA.
An enrolment fee of S$1000/- (One Thousand Singapore Dollars) is payable upon acceptance of the offer of admission. The enrolment fee is non-refundable but is deductible against the tuition fee upon successful registration.
Scholarships & Financial Aid
We offer attractive scholarships on a competitive basis to outstanding international candidates of exceptional ability and sterling track record. The scholarship provides each scholar with full or partial tuition fee waiver.
Financial aid is awarded to successful scholarship applicants in financial need, with a modest monthly stipend, air passage(s) and/or overseas accommodation. The specific value and coverage may vary.
There is no bond or obligation for the scholar to be employed by NTU or in Singapore. You may apply for a scholarship and financial aid concurrently with your application.
Application for scholarship for the intake of 2010/2011 will cease on 31 January 2010